Monday, January 14, 2013

Fun Facts About John Green


My favorite author of contemporary YA novels is John Green. If I love a novel, I want to find out more about the author. When it comes to John Green, there is a lot to find out. I have done my own research-- if you want to call browsing the Internet aimlessly finding anything that's about John Green researching--- on John Green several times, and I always find out something interesting. This inspired me to have my students post the top ten things others might not know about the authors of their books. And so, here are a few things you might not know about the great and powerful John Green.
Photo source: GoodReads.com

*He won the 2006 Michael L. Printz award for his first novel, Looking for Alaska (1).

*He won a 2007 Michael L. Printz Honor Book award for his second novel, An Abundance of Katherines (1).

*He and his brother Hank Green host a YouTube channel called Vlogbrothers where they share their ideas on a wide range of topics such as "What To Do With Your Life" and "Can You Really Light a Fart?"

*He has a group of fans who call themselves Nerdfighters. Their goal is not to fight nerds. Instead, it is to "increase awesome and decrease world suck" (2).


References:
1. http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1406384.John_Green
2. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=worldsuck

No comments:

Post a Comment